I got these big gerbera daisies half off at JoAnn's...same with the ceramic vase from Hobby Lobby.
I glued the two halves of the styrofoam together...
pulled the daisies off...
and pushed some hard styrofoam into the vase.
Next, I twirled green ribbon all the way up to secure the stems together.
Then, I started by gluing the first daisy on top, and then adding the rest all the way around.
I added some Martha Stewart ribbon at the top.
This filler floral came from Walmart.
And there you have it...an early Spring. : )
And for those of you who belong to my mom's "fan club"...Hee-hee... if you can believe it, I forgot my camera last Wednesday. : ( I've never done that before. But here's a past photo just for fun. We've been working on a special floral arrangement at her house too. I'll take pix next week. : )
Addendum: Someone asked what size my styrofoam ball was. I actually had to whittle it down to be about 4-5" in diameter. I used 7 daisies in all (1 on top, 5 around and then I cut up the 7th for the petals all around the bottom for filler so the styrofoam wouldn't show. Which reminds me, I had to spray paint the green ball white in the end so the green wouldn't show. Note to self...buy white next time. : ) Good luck to those who try this happy project. Let me know if I can answer any more questions.