Saturday, March 28, 2009

Wednesdays With My Mom

My mom was 25 and my dad 28 when they married. Both wanted children very much. Three months after the wedding, guess who's on their way...my sister, Diana. My mom is barely showing here, but she looks so happy.
No fun projects today. We had two appointments...one with the Dr. and one at the Lab.
But, something fun did happen. We got my Mom's Community Director to agree to put some patio furniture in the small little alcove in front of her apartment. She has her own nice set in back, but also wanted to enjoy the outdoors in front.
The little ballerinas and their mommy came by after ballet class today to say hi.
And just to give equal time to my little grandson, last Saturday I got to have him over for some Nana time. First we went to a wedding reception for just a short stay, then we came home and played.

Here are the little toys he brought in his back pack this time. The turtles and frogs were "friends". : )

6 comments:

Diane Mars said...

What an adorable little man! How fun is that, I too love spending time with the grand-babies. Sometimes it is hard to believe that I am a Grandma!
Wow, Hugs, Diane

Cami said...

What a beautiful picture of Grandmother! And little S is such a cute little guy!

julie & joe said...

The sofa your grandson is sitting on is beautiful! Not are cute as him :)

Unknown said...

Palm trees! My favorite! Again, how lucky are you to have so many treasures of your Mom. Wednesday hello's to you! E

Mimi Sue said...

He's sure a cutie. Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I've been so busy getting ready for my company I've neglected visiting. Hope you have a great weekend. Mimi

Scrap for Joy said...

It's great that your Mom can sit and watch the activity and people bustling about in her apartment complex. The picture of her is beautoful and she does look radient! You are lucky to have so many old pictures. Your grandson is so cute-he looks like one of those cute kids in a clothing ad.