Friday, April 24, 2009

Wednesdays with my Mom

Proud new Parents! Welcome to the world, little Diana.
This pic (below) is actually from Monday's Dr. appointment, but I was intrigued with the wall decor so I snapped this pic. My mom has told me many times of how she and her little brother would sit outside their home, look up at the clouds and tell each other what they could see. She LOVES to study and observe things. So of course she told me what she could find in these abstract works of art. So cute!
Another good sport about my blogging. Thanks, Dr. K.
Guess who didn't feel like going to Ballet today. Little Miss G. So GG and I entertained her while Mommy and big sister went. But she was told, "only for this one week." : )
Busy little artist.
I will leave you with a fun little tip...my daughter wanted to cheer up a friend of hers the other day so she went to Walmart, bought these roses for $9.99, the vase for $1.??, trimmed them and added the bow. Very pretty! That's a lot of cheerfulness for that price, I'd say. : )
Have a good weekend.

10 comments:

Chris said...

Your mom...you know I'm in love. :) I also really like the doctor's office decor! How unique! It's got my wheels turnin'....

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Looks like somebody would rather draw than dance! Perhaps ballet is just not her thing...or on the other hand she was just tired!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Your mom is so cute. And your daughter is so thoughtful. I bet her friend loved that gift!

XOXO
Jen

Scrap for Joy said...

Your Dad looks so proud! The art wall in the Dr's office is very intriguing (and also coordinates with your Mom's top so well)I think we can tell where your imagination comes from ML. How about a series of collaged canvases with vintage elements (ephemera, etc) Hmmmm-my wheels are turning too!

Susie Homemaker said...

Hi there...thanks so much for your kind words regarding my Show & Tell post...you are so sweet. You must get it from your Mom...I remember laying on my back for hours with my sister pointing out things in the clouds...I still do it on road trips...life was so much simpler back then...and using your imagination is so much more affordable than a trip to the arcade or mall like today...

Blessings to you and your sweet Mom,
Susie

Victoria said...

Love the pic of your Mom and the art! How wonderful.

The roses are absolutely beautiful too.

Thank you for your sweet comments on my daughters room.

Mimi Sue said...

What a great pic of your mom, dad, and sister. Priceless. Mom is so tiny, even after a baby! Love the little bouquet. In my opinion they're much better than the big, long stemmed- baby breath bouquets. What a nice Dr. Does he know he's famous now? Oh, and about the trophy wife thing...I've been called many things but never that. But it did make my day! Thank you! Mimi

Unknown said...

How on earth did Mother's stay so tiny AFTER having just given birth! It is so unusual that such photo documentation occurred in their lives. Was there someone who particularly loved photography? So many of us love your photos. Thank you again and again for sharing them! E

Molly Anne said...

That bouquet is lovely! I love the polka-dot ribbon as an accent.

And I love how all your old family photos look so fantastic. My old family photos looks like a bunch of outlaws, LOL!

Cecelia---Sis---Mom said...

You are so very lucky to have these photos. I adore getting to see them. Your Mom is beautiful and I would love to spend a Wednesday with her. What a cute flower arrangement and a great idea to cheer someone up.

Cece