Tuesday, September 9, 2008

MY idea of a kitchen cupboard makeover ; } wink

Actually, all we're talking here is the addition of the beautiful ceramic drawer pulls and knobs I found on clearance @ Pottery Barn Online. I'm so happy with the difference they made.


I thought it would be fun to show you what's on top of my cupboards while we're here. I don't know, I'm just weird that way...that's my idea of fun.







Lamp Love! I've had him ( or her) for quite a while. In a previous post, I mentioned my wallpaper with little navy blue stars. Well, here's a close up.
My sweet married son, came over to our house on Saturday and installed our new faucet. What a beautiful gesture ...and a beautiful faucet. : )
Now, if you hate sewing, skip the next two photos. I got the fabric from JoAnn's. Sorry, no hot glue involved, but I have to say, I am in awe of all the beautiful creations out there...sewn, or not!

Just in case you were wondering who's the boss around here. : )
Oh yeah, all my friends and family can stop laughing now. They know perfectly well that this clean kitchen in not how it looks on a "real" day. At least I'm honest. : )

15 comments:

Penny said...

I wanna be like you when I grow up! I have an award for you over at my blog....come check it out!

Angie said...

I am so glad you visited me so now I can bookmark you and visit you daily! Your valance is too cute! The rooster fabric (like mine over my sink too) looks so good with the plaid and the ribbon. I love mixing fabrics together. I may have to add something to the bottom of my valance too. Your knobs and pulls look really good too. Isn't it amazing how much of a difference that makes? I had cabinets pretty much exactly like yours in my previous house. They looked like yours and also were down from the ceiling like yours are so I could put all kind of stuff on them. The cabinets I have now are all the way to the ceiling so I don't have that extra decorating space. Boohoo! I wish they were like yours! I can always use more places to decorate! Well, I am off to check out more of your blog. Bye for now!

Mrs. B said...

Very cute pulls! And I must say I LOVE your rooster weather vane and that red rooster! I see you are a rooster lover like me!

Anonymous said...

Aunt ML! :D Love your rooster kitchen--how fun to see you blogging about home decorating...love it!

Nicole said...

Your pulls and knobs look awesome. I love what a huge difference hardware can make. So I think we have the same kithcen or at least very similar. Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments.

Jamie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your kitchen is very cute! That was a great idea to add the pulls.

Roni said...

I always love your deco. Where did you get that cute cow book stand? My mom LOVES cows and would love it.

Mimi Sue said...

I love that rooster fabric on your valance. It's so cute. How tall are your ceilings? You've got a ton of room up there. Mimi

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

Very nice. I have to admit that I was viewing your mustard piant you found and the barn star. It looks great..did you finish that room yet?

Enriched-Mom said...

You have very cute things above your cabinets and I especially like the rooster weathervane, must be because I have one just like it!

And the new cabinet pulls look very nice.

Emily P. said...

Your kitchen looks beautiful! Why didn't your decorating sense get passed down to me? I can't wait for you to come over on Saturday and help me get my house cute-ified, like your! :D

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What an adorable kitchen! Love all the vignettes atop your cabinets! I'm a big fan of roosters so this is right up my alley!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Lamp Tramp said...

I love your new knobs, your kitchen is delightful!

Beth at Aunties said...

I love the make over! Daughters are the best! The colors look like mine! I am headed over to a Luau at my father in laws retirement living Center in just minutes. It is a wonderful opportunity to love them right back after they took care of us for so long.
Hugs, beth

Ms. Tee said...

I love the red pitchers about your cabinets! Are they apples? Too cute. :)