Tuesday, September 9, 2008

MY idea of a kitchen cupboard makeover ; } wink

Actually, all we're talking here is the addition of the beautiful ceramic drawer pulls and knobs I found on clearance @ Pottery Barn Online. I'm so happy with the difference they made.


I thought it would be fun to show you what's on top of my cupboards while we're here. I don't know, I'm just weird that way...that's my idea of fun.







Lamp Love! I've had him ( or her) for quite a while. In a previous post, I mentioned my wallpaper with little navy blue stars. Well, here's a close up.
My sweet married son, came over to our house on Saturday and installed our new faucet. What a beautiful gesture ...and a beautiful faucet. : )
Now, if you hate sewing, skip the next two photos. I got the fabric from JoAnn's. Sorry, no hot glue involved, but I have to say, I am in awe of all the beautiful creations out there...sewn, or not!

Just in case you were wondering who's the boss around here. : )
Oh yeah, all my friends and family can stop laughing now. They know perfectly well that this clean kitchen in not how it looks on a "real" day. At least I'm honest. : )

15 comments:

Dakota's Mom said...

I wanna be like you when I grow up! I have an award for you over at my blog....come check it out!

Angie said...

I am so glad you visited me so now I can bookmark you and visit you daily! Your valance is too cute! The rooster fabric (like mine over my sink too) looks so good with the plaid and the ribbon. I love mixing fabrics together. I may have to add something to the bottom of my valance too. Your knobs and pulls look really good too. Isn't it amazing how much of a difference that makes? I had cabinets pretty much exactly like yours in my previous house. They looked like yours and also were down from the ceiling like yours are so I could put all kind of stuff on them. The cabinets I have now are all the way to the ceiling so I don't have that extra decorating space. Boohoo! I wish they were like yours! I can always use more places to decorate! Well, I am off to check out more of your blog. Bye for now!

Mrs. B said...

Very cute pulls! And I must say I LOVE your rooster weather vane and that red rooster! I see you are a rooster lover like me!

Jen said...

Aunt ML! :D Love your rooster kitchen--how fun to see you blogging about home decorating...love it!

Nicole said...

Your pulls and knobs look awesome. I love what a huge difference hardware can make. So I think we have the same kithcen or at least very similar. Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments.

~ Jamie ~ said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your kitchen is very cute! That was a great idea to add the pulls.

Roni said...

I always love your deco. Where did you get that cute cow book stand? My mom LOVES cows and would love it.

Mimi Sue said...

I love that rooster fabric on your valance. It's so cute. How tall are your ceilings? You've got a ton of room up there. Mimi

My Three Girls (The A girls) said...

Very nice. I have to admit that I was viewing your mustard piant you found and the barn star. It looks great..did you finish that room yet?

glenda said...

You have very cute things above your cabinets and I especially like the rooster weathervane, must be because I have one just like it!

And the new cabinet pulls look very nice.

Emily P. said...

Your kitchen looks beautiful! Why didn't your decorating sense get passed down to me? I can't wait for you to come over on Saturday and help me get my house cute-ified, like your! :D

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What an adorable kitchen! Love all the vignettes atop your cabinets! I'm a big fan of roosters so this is right up my alley!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Self Confessed Lamp Tramp said...

I love your new knobs, your kitchen is delightful!

aunties said...

I love the make over! Daughters are the best! The colors look like mine! I am headed over to a Luau at my father in laws retirement living Center in just minutes. It is a wonderful opportunity to love them right back after they took care of us for so long.
Hugs, beth

Ms. Tee said...

I love the red pitchers about your cabinets! Are they apples? Too cute. :)