Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wednesdays With My Mom

My beautiful, beautiful parents! While my parents were engaged, they decided to buy a nice camera so they'd have it for their wedding day, honeymoon and documenting their new life together. They both got very involved in this new hobby. They played around with all the settings and lighting, etc. This picture below was an experiment...they were facing a mirror.
Below is the cutie who performed at the clubhouse today. He was adorable in every way. He had a beautiful voice as well. He was singing 'Somewhere My Love' here.
Keeping beat to the polka. : )
Ooh...one of my favorite cuties at the community--Marge. She never hesitates to get up all by herself to dance when a polka is being played. She informed my mom and me that she used to be a dancer.

Mom in her beautiful new shirt that my sister took her shopping for. My Mom loves to shop at Coldwater Creek. Thanks June!
Tonight while getting some shopping done at Walmart, my mom said, "This is so fun." How cute is that??? : )

16 comments:

cherry said...

She is a sweetheart. Looks like they all know how to have fun! I love seeing the old pics of her as a girl. cherry

Alexa said...

Thanks again, Mary Lou! :)

Chris said...

I love Wednesday's posts! Your mom is adorable, and my heart melted at the "this is so fun" comment! What a lady!

Marie said...

Oh man. I got a little choked up over this post. I loooooove those photos of your parents. :o)

Unknown said...

What beautiful pics your parents took of themselves. They really look like they're in the movies.

It's so nice to see all the fun stuff you do with your mom. She's such a cuitepatootie! And I must say this beautiful post hit home for me.

Those times remind me of the times we spent with my mother-in-law. She was in a nursing home and fortunately it was right next door to Wal-Mart and a steak house. I remember all those times we'd push her (in her wheelchair) to Wal-Mart and take her to the steak house. It was not easy getting around with her as she was an amputee and then a double amputee at the end so we couldn’t load her in a car but she was always happy for us to wheel her around. She passed away this year and the memories we have with her are beautiful.

Blessings - Debbie

Tami said...

What a sweetheart your mom is! Love all the old pictures and the stories that go with them!

Emily P. said...

Thanks for posting these, Mom. I cannot get over how amazing those old photos are. Grandmother always has such class.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Those pictures of your parents are spectacular....I love the one in front of the mirror!!

Your Mom is so cute.....It is so special that the two of you do things together....like shop....that is fun!!!

Have a great day!

Lisa

TupeloLove said...

Those pictures are beautiful. Everyone looked so much classier back then. And the women looked so gorgeous and put together, sometimes I wish that's how things were today. I love this post!

Robin Beck said...

I just love spending Wednesday with your Mom-What a beautiful lady she is~And the photos of your parents are amazing-She is beautiful and your dad is very handsome ...No wonder your so stinkin' cute! :)

Mimi Sue said...

Boy, your parents could be models! Your mom had (maybe has) fabulous legs! Enjoy every minute with your mom. Mimi

Anonymous said...

Precious times, precious memories, precious mother!

You are blessed!

Ms. Tee said...

You mom is just a doll. :) And you're parents made such a cute couple, too. :)

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Awww..How sweet are they?!

priceless post!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

This is a wonderful post, and your mother obviously has two special daughters! She's precious, too. Wonderful pics.


Sheila

Anonymous said...

They are SUCH a beautiful couple!!! :) Thanks for telling me about your Wednesdays with Mom feature--they are precious. Love you!