Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tutorial For a Free V-day Banner

My sweet blogging friend, Mimi Sue, brought this free font (thank you, thank you, Allsorts!!!) to my attention on her Site. Thanks Mimi Sue!
So I printed up my letters as instructed. Most of you will want to print up "Love", but I already had a LOVE banner.
It's cheaper if you just put these circles on paper, but I already had the chipboard circles. So I painted the edges red and glittered them.

And there you have it. You can use this font for any holiday. Thanks 'Allsorts'!!!!!
I got these napkin rings at our local antique store. I decided to use one of them to make a crown for my Santos figurine.


And I decided to play around with the little cupcake Christmas ornament.



Next, I've been wanting to try my hand at one of these Decorative cones for a while. I got this package of 10 party cones at Walmart for $2.00 (on clearance) if I remember right. I think they were in the wedding supply isle. The red garland trim and fancy toothpicks I got on sale after Christmas.


I wanted to share that I went to JoAnn's today and ALL their Valentines things were 40% off .
I also added beads and a white dove to my hanging hearts.



19 comments:

GRAMS said...

I love your hanging hearts and cones. I need to do something like that from the branches in my dining room. Hummmm. Now you've got me thinking.

The Berry's Patch said...

I need to get on the ball with these Valentine project ideas. They are so darn cute! I love those sparkly hearts from JoAnns. I may need to pay her a visit. :-)

Tami said...

Very cute! Love the banner in all it's glitter and the little cones too!

Have a wonderful day!

Charmingdesigns said...

Thank you for showing the snowman!! I'm glad you won!! Laurie

Unknown said...

I love it all the hearts, the cones everything looks so good!

Libby Buttons said...

Yummy blog! Im adding you to my side bar.
smiles
LiBBy

Mimi Sue said...

Of course you take a cute idea and make it 10 times cuter, or 100 times cuter. LOVE the dream banner. So cute with the glitter. The funny part is yesterday I printed out love from the same allsorts font and am in the process of making a banner today! You are the best!! Mimi

cherry said...

I love it all! Love the banner. cherry

Small House said...

Love everything. Cute-Cute-Cute. And...I love how you spend so much time with your mom. It's just so nice to see.

Kristen, pajama mama said...

Ca-ute! I'm going to get that font right now....the napkin ring is perfect!
-kristen

Darlene said...

It all looks so CUTE! You make the most fabulous things and I always enjoy stopping by! I LOVE your dream banner!!!!!!

Georgia Girl said...

Love all your crafts you have made ...I tell you what you really are very creative. Love the giveaway you won...how pretty! I think I am on my way to print out some letters..hint hint...

Shannon said...

Everything is awesome! Thanks for the link for the font. I'm going to head on over there after this. I love your banner and cones!!! Those were great. You are so creative!

Jennspiration said...

I love the banner! Very cute, thanks for the Tut!

Ms. Tee said...

Everything you got is just darling! I especially love your magnet - the snowman is so cute. :)
Thank you for your always sweet comments, too!

Free Art Printables said...

Love the valentines day banner! It's so cute!

Angie said...

LOVE that banner and those cones! All your V. Day stuff is just so cute!

Kimberly said...

Love all this stuff (banner, cones etc)! I just made a "Love" banner for a Valentine swap that I'll have to post soon.

The Runyans said...

i love your valentine decor! so so precious!