Friday, May 8, 2009

Lots of Days With my Mom

My mom's parents and brother came from Texas to see new little Diana. My mom's family is right behind her (brother, mom and dad). To the left of my mom is my dad's mother and behind my dad is his sister, Ione, and her first husband. I think my mom looks adorable and my dad looks distinguished. I know...I'm just a little biased. : ) Well, it's been tests, tests, and more tests. So we've had a lot of time together these past two weeks. I spent the night with her on Sunday because of an important test early the next morning. I was afraid she would forget to not eat or drink anything when she woke up. She did great that day. As usual, one of the nurses said, "She's SO cute." They're trying to find out why she is anemic and why a couple of other levels are low from time to time. She's been such a trooper through the whole thing.
She loves this necklace and was excited to show it to me that day.
Below, a visit from my mom's youngest grandchild, my baby girl. : )
Below, looking over ONE of the amazing photo scrapbooks my sister-in-law made for my parents. We could never EVER thank her enough for the hundreds of hours she put into this project for our family. It leaves me speechless! Thank you Cindy.
Waiting to see Dr. K. I asked her to smile for me. What a good sport.
Happy Mother's Day to all. H

8 comments:

Scrap for Joy said...

Happy Mother's Day to you and your sweet Mom. Your posts tell a story of great love and respect that you have for each other. I enjoy every one. Blessings to you both.
xoxo
~Joyce

Darlene said...

You are so special to spend so much time with your mom. I can't wait until my parents get moved here. I am hoping by then end of this year we can accomplish that.

I hope they find out the cause of your mom's anemia without tons more testing. Testing gets old after a while!

Love her necklace! Your mom is so petite and beautiful. Hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day.♥

Christina said...

Hope you and your mother have a wonderful Mother's Day. I love to see the posts were you spend time with your mom.

Hope the tests will find out what is causing her anemia.

Have a wonderful weekend.

marie said...

Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mom! Tell her I like her necklace too!

Breathing In Grace said...

Happy Mother's Day to you and to your precious Mom...of course she's raised a precious daughter. I love to read your postings about your Mom and what a special relationship you have with her...I am very envious!!!

Mimi Sue said...

She really is a cutie. Hope they find out whats the matter. You have a wonderful mother's day with your family. Mimi

Sherrie said...

I know I have said this before but I am so envious of your your relationship with your mom... you are so lucky to spend time with her and so is she to spend time with you!!! I look forward to "Wednesday's with mom" posts. Happy Mother's Day to you two!!
Sherrie

Molly Anne said...

I agree with the nurses - "she's so cute" ! And I don't even get to see her in person. :)

Charming as usual!